PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Learning" to fly from home
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 05:32
SoundBarrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok - calm down people!

Firstly, Unprooted did as pprune asked and did some research (good job unprooted ) and then asked his question to which some ppruners replied as best as they could given the information we had.

Unprooted, from time to time we get some "wind-ups" where some new-comers are one off posters who post annoying irrelevant questions - often in a manor which was similar to yours, but totally bogus, hence the initial reply. You can brush that off if I were you.

While I understand your thoughts on favoring formula, numbers and the like I would like to point out that, as a pilot, written communication will become more important to you, even moreso should you wish to go commercial. While the exams are multiple choice, being able to fully understand the question is often 80% of the test, and it seems you're good at understanding the information, not writing it so much.

We all agree that this is a flying forum and is treated as such. These forum (fora?) are visited by many a professional with great experience willing to give advice. All they are asking is for a little effort in your posting to help them read the questions without having to translate internally, if you know what I mean.

The content of your post is good, all you need to do is throw a few full stops in it, and a quick spell check and it will improve no-end. It will only take a few extra minutes, but I encourage you to take the effort as all the people here will be keen to help and support you. Additionally, instead of them attacking your English they might just ask you for more information to be able to give you a better answer.

So - shall we all start again...this time on the right foot?