PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 22nd Aug 2008, 03:03
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hamble701. Thanks for starting this thread. Normally, I have looked at ADS-B as a technical issue. Because of information supplied prior to the JCP for this technolgy, I have believed that the Airlines had always supported the issue. Your post has provoked me to dig deeper to actualy find proof of their support. Thanks for that

A robust debate is a mark of a healthy society. For or against must be prosecuted to the best of our abilities to arrive at an outcome that is representative of the general opinion. Indeed, this debate must sway that opinion by weight of argument and presentation of fact.

I do hope the regulators do read these pages. I hope they do take note of the pressing matter of radar replacment that must be decided upon come next month. Noting this replacement process is intended to keep the issue of low level roll-out still alive for the near term. It will still represent a considerable cost that could be easily averted.

Tidbinbilla, thank you for "tidying up" this thread and removing the backscatter from the argument. To the ATC guys who have taken part. I can say with feeling that there is at least one person here who appreciates the trials and tribulations you guys have had to put up with over the last twenty years. I have found the process confusing and poorly thought out. If the changes moved in lock step with emerging technology and a more thorough training regime, a huge amount of angst would have been avoided. In fact, I would believe that a huge amount of these changes would not have been necessary.

I thank all contributors and commend this debate to the house