PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 23:09
ZAGORFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPR /FADEC issue

just some idea:
1) if they haven't rejected the T/O is because they reached V1 way down the runway. this is evident of un underpowered engines performances for some reason (FLEX temperature?) (FADEC? )
2) If they had lost engine 1 while airborne or after V1 why they were not able to fly on one engine? Is evident to me that also Eng.2 was not delivering 100% of its power.
3) what kind of warning make the CT to return to the gate? An outside temp failure gauge? (effecting the EPR computation?)

It looks tragically similar to the 737 incident that flew into the Potomac river soon after T/O because its TAT engine probe was blocked by ice.

I'm truly sorry for the vacationer that perish and I am very sorry for the workers that perished to carry them.
note:

I followed the incident reporting from CNN a soon it happened. It was disgusting how they were making a show asking perfect idiots like me incredibly stupid questions receiving never-ending and stupid answers to feed their stupid audience. Only BBC was reporting the tragic facts.
however CNN Richard Quest (ex BBC economic journalist turned into business traveler for CNN) become instantly an aviation expert (because he travel I suppose) When he quoted that MD80 rotate at 180-190 kt. (Concorde was 200...kt) He did gave me the different impression that expert. But I realized he was reading PPrune forum for his entertaining coverage source information . So Guys, is worth to keep more "professional" and lesss "rumors".

Regards .

ps :My written English is not easy to read (I know that) sorry.