PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "The MPL is a superb system for becoming an aviator"
Old 21st Aug 2008, 22:07
snuble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With Mackey on this, I also came from the school of hard knocks. It is fairly easy to figure out how to use a FMC, BUT.... try flying an ILS to minima single engine RAW DATA and see how far you MPL guys get, or how about a NDB, again Raw Data??? Flying the good old twins gets you used to anything.
Now before you tell me you never do that, we I did last night for my OPC and passed. Still at least with the MPL you will know how to put a hold in!
Then I can calm you down and assure you that we did get far. Our skill test included the standard LOFT session and a manouver session. Manouver session mostly manualy work, including approach to stall and steep turns. We also did fly manual, singel engine, raw data ils with go arounds at minima. And full procedure NDB app with pilot incapasitation. And guess what, we did pass!

And please do not think it is just an easy ride. We did have our fair share of hard knocks. If anyone here are ready for an open dicussion based facts, let me know.
The MPL licence certainly has its disadvantages, but without knowing any facts, how can one actually make up its mind?