PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Etihad Package...
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 22:02
bodypilot86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positives?

Hi all,

Are there any positives to working for Etihad? What do you enjoy about it? It can't be all bad can it?

Is it possible that I'm getting a glimpse at the working practices of middle eastern companies through the vague and slightly unprofessional way they seem to be starting their cadet scheme? Beginning of August I get an e-mail saying "please come to second phase in Abu Dhabi at either end of August or October/November"; I reply immediately asking for end of August. Next week is as end of August as you can get and no word, not even to confirm receipt of my e-mail. Additionally, their e-mail was batch sent out to all of the candidates and as a result I have all their e-mail addresses and they have mine - good job protecting data and being professional.

When I phoned direct to the sender of the e-mail she said that it was all in hand and not to worry; no explanation, no dates, no interest.

Is this a dreadful pattern emerging and should I turn back now while I still have the chance or has this thread been filled with so much negativity that is all to easy to find?