PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 21:53
anjouan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, RS and RC have both left and are going to work in Australia. They're just following the latest trend after a good pay rise in Austtralia and a shortage of suitably qualified pilots there.

I'd believe the EC225's coming when they actually arrive in Nigeria - after all the ferry crews have already been to France once and been sent home before leaving. There's still a lot of speculation as to what may happen between CHC and Aero on the RW side, but apparently no final decisions have been made yet. My own feeling is that the two companies will split, as they have on the FW side and if I were a Canadian living in Canada now, unless I was looking to change and become non-resident, I'd be actively pursuing other vacancies within CHC Global.

As for Bristow, their standards will not improve. They have too many unhappy people with low morale looking for something and when their pay review is announced and they lose their present CLA cash payments, more of them will continue to drift away and be replaced by people who, no matter how willing, don't have the experience of living or working in Nigeria . It won't be a case of last one leaving turn out the lights, but more of, 'does anyone here know how to restart the generator so we can turn on the lights?'.