PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 20:56
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter,

I hate to appear rude - -but could your repeat that in ENGLISH please?

I seem to have been under the mistaken appreciation from your previous voluminous posts that you were convinced that you were the only person who knew exactly what had happened that evening - now you seem to be saying that it is just your opinion; one of many opinions expressed on this thread.

If the crew of this Chinook were merely expected to "try out" the system you consider was the root cause of the crash then there was absolutely no need whatsoever for the "trial" to have taken place on that transit flight. It would only have been necessary if the "trial" had already taken place and this was to have been a demonstration of the efficacy of the equipment. I would, however, point out that such a demonstration would have to have been sanctioned by AOC 1 Gp at the very least; indeed I would suggest that it would have needed, considering who the Passengers were, approval at C in C STC level under strictly controlled conditions. No such sanction would have been provided until the equipment had been approved for Service use by the appropriate Authorities such as the Controller of Aircraft and A&AEE.

Having said that; there is no evidence that such a demonstration had been sanctioned - nor that any such trial had taken place. If it were demonstrated that the Pilots of ZD576 had agreed, without approval from Higher Authority, to carry out a demonstration of equipment which had not been trialled on the Chinook Mk2; for which there was no CA Release nor Release to Service and of which they had NO experience; then there would be no dispute whatsoever on this thread as to the cause of this tragedy.