PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 21st Aug 2008, 17:29
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any pension arrangements for new entrants must be free of risk from their perspective.
Well that's the killer isn't it?

It looks very much like the same old divide and rule.

Say ok to any deal including that and you are straight on to the slippery slope.

Then it will be revised retirement ages denying another tranche of fifty-somethings the chance to get close to 38/38ths by extending ...

No doubt a sale is very much on the horizon and the sellers have been told this is essential to get sold.

No doubt some of you are expecting to get sold and others not. Those that are are no doubt split into the expect-to-haves and the expect-to-have-nots. Slice and dice, if not divide and rule ...

Sounds like clichés? You bet.

I hate accountants. Did I ever say that before?

There's certainly some novel stuff offered up as options but is it worth your detailed attention? We all know the stock market is in a mess at the moment so unless you know that 'the detail' was based on a valuation and projection as of yesterday rather than as of 3 or 6 months ago or whenever Deloittes figures were valid then surely the figures are already out of date.

That 42.1% is horrible burden for any business, but if you deserve it, then tell them to bash ERG to allow you to double ATC charges to start filling the holes. They let BAA double parking charges over the last 5 years (at least). Not sure what their excuse was. As a frequent flyer when I plan my trips, I worry far more about parking charges than anything I ever pay an airline or what my airline needs to pay the ANSPs. That can't be right, surely? The airline can take care of itself, but you guys? Not sure. Seems the airlines will take real good care of you given half a chance

Whilst NATS too are still effectively a monopoly, they might as well act like one and redress some balances . Better in your pension funds now than in SERCO's coffers later.

Far too easy for me to say of course.

What do you reckon your shares might be worth versus your pension post-sale (if a sale occurs?). Well you'll get offered a firm price for the first, but the second will thereafter sit on shifting sands, won't it?

Decisions decisions ...