PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 15:22
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxchopperpilot;
May i remind you that "Until we're happy" is a statement that you will NEVER find in any Aircraft Maintenance Manual. I think, recalling to memory you may find this statement in a "Complacency" Manual. If the manual says do a test flight, then you actually do a test flight. A test flight under no circumstances will involve commercial passengers. I hope i never board an aircraft that you are in command of, as i don't think that you are up to the job. If you truly are a professional pilot then have a GOOD think about what you are about to write.
The phrase "until we're happy" means exactly what you've written. If a test flight is required by the maintenance manual, then of course it is done, without question, and with no passengers. But read the thread and my response more carefully - the original comment was, why wasn't a test flight done?, and you know very well yourself that test flights aren't done after signing off every MEL item - that's all that was being conveyed. As for choosing aircraft upon which you will and will not travel based upon one post in an anonymous forum doesn't make any sense so I assume it's intended as a personal remark against a fellow aviator. Is that what you intend or can we carry on this dialogue in a civil and professional manner? Over to you.

Last edited by PJ2; 21st Aug 2008 at 15:32.