PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 11:39
Christodoulidesd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"But how do you cover the entire runway length without a manned camera (like some USN carriers)? Whichever angle is chosen will exclude another one.Do you go for infra-red cameras at night ?The A380 has a high and wide (angle) camera looking forward from the vertical stabiliser.It may be more useful to record this on the DFDR for future build aircraft."

I am a professional video editor and videographer and i can easily tell you that if they employ one more person (each shift) that his job will be to be sited in the control tower or somewhere else in the airport facilities and control the cameras via remote control and console with multiple screens (i've done it several times in auditorium halls and concerts locked in a closed control and monitor room where i had no direct visibility to the actual source i was filming other than the monitors and had absolutely no problems), things are way easier than what some people might think are. Problem is who will be willing to invest in such a system which admitedly costs a lot and the handling personnel.