PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 10:55
Captain Buck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, Here's what one Bristow friend tells me. CLA has jack to do with cost of living. In most places in Nigeria Bristow guys have to pay for food. Like in Lagos, some hotel took over running their staff house - food, cleaning, the lot except the bar. The guys there pay cash for every meal they take and it costs around $25 a day for 3 meals. They were paid this in local currency in cash. Now the money will be paid in their $ salaries and all the guys will have to arrive in country with a stash of around $1,000+. Great thinking in a country with a security situation like Nigeria guys It's not even as if you can just go out to an ATM and take the money when you need it (unless you want to have all your identity stolen and find someone has suddenly been using your card for buying a load of goods in Dubai or Hong Kong). Typical bean-counter nonsense where it's good for them and bu99er the poor guys who have to live with their narrow-minded accountant-think . I remember back in the days of Alan Bristow where Bristow had a real good name. Now it's just another garbage GOM company trying to cash in on the Bristow name. Guess what guys - it ain't working. You've fooled nobody. Go on back to your homes guys and get a life. I did it years back and I've never once regretted it because my quality of life is now so much better than when I was touring.