PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V-Australia 777 - Update [Photo Included]
Old 21st Aug 2008, 09:44
KRUSTY 34

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks Sir Donald.

I agree with everything you said, except your notion that the two way street between employer and employee should be between an individual pilot and the full weight of the company. The fact is, not everyone is equally savy when it comes to "negotiating" a deal. I would feel very uncomfortable working with pilots of equal rank and service who were being paid more, or even less than me, based on some sort of secret deal. I have seen this sort of environment before, and I can tell you it has the potential to be nothing short of poisonous! I think it would be safe to say that your current employer has transparency with regard to Wages and Conditions. So why settled for anything less? If I am off the mark I do appologise but your reticence to share the outcome of your discussion with the panel is what I find perplexing.

So having said that, the question still stands.
  • What did they agree to, if they did agree to anything?
  • What was your reaction to their answer?
  • Did you acept, or didn't you?
By sharing this information with the forum, you will allow you fellow pilots to have a greater understanding of what is possible. There is an old saying. United we stand, divided we beg.

Let's face it we're all on the same team, aren't we?