PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Issues ADSB (Now: Completely Off Topic Thread!)
Old 21st Aug 2008, 08:07
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank You, Tidbinbilla.

Have been doing some more research on the net to see if anything may have come up within Government.

In April this year Minister Albanese had put out his issue paper-Towards a National Aviation Policy Statement

If the reader goes to Section 2 Aviation Infrastructure around page 12 you will find-
Future communication, navigation and surveillance systems will be driven both by better air traffic control management on the ground and by better equipment on board aircraft. This will allow more flexible and efficient routes to be flown and providing greater awareness of other air traffic and other potential airspace conflicts in-flight.
Systems under consideration include technology and options such as Automatic Dependence Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B), Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Airborne Collision Avoidance Systems (ACAS), and Approach with Vertical Guidance (APV).
Further to that on page 13 you will find-
Changes in the way in which future air traffic management is delivered and the associated infrastructure requirements will impact on the aviation industry. Effective consultation with industry is essential to ensure that changes are practical, that the investment required is reasonable and that funding mechanisms are put in place where appropriate to assist the transition.
my bolds.

There is a whole lot more within the paper. The Green Paper is expected late this year with the final policy statement in mid09.

I suspect the Minister WILL be making a decision on the matter no later than the end of next month.

EDIT- I would like to add a link to
Submissions in Reply