PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Learning" to fly from home
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 07:39
Bronx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swamp76

Kids communicate in a shorthand/Nokiaspeak when communicating with each other. That is completely different from asking for advice on a pilots' forum where the overwhelming majority of readers are obviously not other kids.

"Depends on her frame of mind and intent."
I guess it does, and Uprooted's post shows his frame of mind.
He expects folk to take the time to give him the advice he wants but he can't be bothered to take the time to ask them in proper English. It shows laziness and bad manners.

I don't see what loged, lisance, instructer, hoocked, passanger and tail roter have got to do with textspeak.
If Uprooted has got a learning disability such as dyslexia then we should be understanding and encouraging. If he hasn't, then he'd be better off spending his spare time improving his standard of education at this stage in his life instead of worrying about how he can learn to fly from home.

Whirlygig

unless your father is an instructor, then I would question the legality of you "having a go"
Why would it be illegal so long as his father retains overall control of the aircraft?
I agree if something went wrong there might be problems with an insurance claim because they'd say it proves the pilot wasn't in control.
Legal or not, there can't be many pilots who've never let someone have a go. Lots of kids learn the basics before they are old enough to start training if they're lucky enough to have a parent who flies.

B.