PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Loses Again
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2008, 01:46
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pan pharmacueticals

Maybe CASA people should look at the case of Pan? pharmacueticals, where they sued the govt for squillions and got an " out of court settlement". Obviously things had not been right and a govt department did not want this to escalate further.

This is not directly aviation related but is an example of what can happen when companies are unhappy with the regulator of their industry.

There are some very good people in CASA. But there are rigid, militaristic SOP's, and it appears there are people who are using the rules to commercially regulate the industry.

Thank god for AOPA. It is an organisation that is able to challenge what they consider is unfair.

Thank god for the efforts of Boyd Munro and Dick Smith, experienced aviators who are also able and willing to challenge what they consider is incorrect. It is interesting to note that both of these gentlemen are not dependent on aviation for their livelyhood. Those who rely on aviation for their income are less likely to seak out. I wonder why.

Clapton
I will not say you are a fool or arrogant or anything like that. I leave that sort of behaviour to others.
But I would suggest that next time you post, you should delete the first sentence before you submit your reply.

Last edited by bushy; 21st Aug 2008 at 04:22.