PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanair accident at Madrid
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 22:16
vonbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"only a handfull of professional posts so far"

Sarcastic speaking, "methinks".

P.S. I have been in a grossly-remotely similar situation.
Just an incident ours, fotunately for us, 4 hours of delay for all of us passengers; pilot flying 737-800 opened TO power whilst aligninging with runway 22L (I think he think he had still about 30 degrees to go, but maybe wrong) -- a mistake.
I and at leat other 50 other passengers can wittness this -- not only after my posthumous explanations on the spot-- fully loaded,at San Giusto, Pisa... something went wrong with starboard main undercarriage -- a very loud thump --, I heard it, the very loud thump on the right side of the undercarriage-- the flying crew did as well, and aborted take-off well before 60 knots -- I can count those, easily, ... just like the hundreds of meters (thus not feet) THEY REGULARLY go off, ahead, the TDZE.
I was too tired to open a topic reagrding this incident, also because Ryanair took well care of us (substitute plane sent from Dublin to help us, got there in three hours, in fact).

PLease pardon my "French".

I do not like the MD-8X ...

JUST my personal opinion.

That said, I hope we will read some *relevant technical* news (which I might have missed at the moment) about this tragic accident,... especially ragarding dynamics.

All the best, Paolo