PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Field Condions V Incidental Expenses?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 21:59
pumaengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having lurked on here for a while and seen all manner of advice dished out on how to beat JPA by quoting 'such and such 'remembering to claim this that and the other' there is not one person here with a sensible suggestion to help.

Yes we are very lucky to be here in Arizona. Yes we are a bolt on to an Army exercise therefore we are Army led, but does that mean we have to shut up and put up? Every last one of you on this board would try and get what they are entitled to out of the system instead of rolling over and accepting less. I simply ask from advice from a wider audience and all I get is 'Dry your eyes' and 'fast jet boys don't get this and that'.

Dirty Sanchez - A fast Jet Sqn was here only as matter of months ago with a good friend of mine on it and he was given $65 a day rates operating from exactly the same building and sleeping in the same on base hotel so it is not ''bolleux''

Faithless - Obviously I am not going to get into the slanging match that these boards generally decend into but please read people posts before replying. Execrcises are a frequent occurence on an already overstretched Puma force. This is in addition to ongoing Ops. An exercise like this is a real bonus for us, and dare I say it a little reward for our ongoing efforts to maintain the Pumas at home and abroad? To that end I would like to make the most out of it personally and, if entitled, financially. And yes I did work hard at school that is why I am on helicopters, tried fast jets and found it most unrewarding.

Sloppy Link - Thankyou for being the most sensible poster on this thread.

L J R - I realise that some locations in the US have attracted less rates than others. As a direct comparison between us heli boys and FJ boys operating from the same location, facilities etc and the only factor that has changed is the Army influence and a loss of $65 a day seems like an injustice somewhat. You are right though the Uni district is great

dazjs - You are quite correct. Unless people like me ask the questions, we are always going to accept second best.

I can only hope now that people realise that this isn't a 'Poor pumaengineer in Arizona with no rates dry your eyes and get on with it' thread and more of a 'Help me get what I am entitled to instead of letting the b@^$%^&*s get away without paying what is due' thread.

Finally, we know we are not going to get rates (even though we were told $25 a day was the rate in the Ex order). My question is still about claiming IE when under Field Conditions. Over to the experts out there.