PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crazy Kenya ' Regulations '
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2008, 16:56
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Coleman for your balanced view . Sadly , the reality is that there is no common sense in Kenya aviation , only xenophobia and greed . If you care to search back through pprune ( don't bother ) the last few years you will find that I was led to believe that I could help KQ through a bottleneck doing the line-training that I do on NG-800s . I applied , expecting / hoping for a 2 year contract , no schooling etc required , only the same pay as a local Captain ( which by the way is very generous by Kenyan standards ) ,I had accom sorted , happy to provide my own transport etc , because to me it would have been a pleasure to return to my 'formative' country , enjoy its charms , and end my flying days where I had begun . A 2 year contract ( which would have ended by now ) was a dream , but I was to be denied by the union . If Kenyan flying jobs had been at stake I could have understood , but my role was to improve the flow of them through the system and then quietly disappear . Sadly , no common sense.
Still , I only wish the best for Kenya Aviation and KQ , life is too short to be bitter . Perhaps some of the recalcitrants that despoil these worthy forums would do well to take that on board. But I doubt it !
Take care and fly safe
KK