PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training at West Palm Beach: Ocean Helicopters /Cloud 9
Old 20th Aug 2008, 04:05
anti-talk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So at 7.30 am you saw what you describe as an aggressive manoever at a deserted airfield,was it a solo pilot (CFI) repositioning a machine, was it in front of students, was a student on board and was it dangerous?

As I said in my PM I wanted more information - I wasnt condoning or supporting it, I am the Chief Pilot and I would indeed want to know if one of my pilots was 'hot dogging' ,as you say, when they thought no one else was around.

We all employ young CFI's who like to push the envelope, especially when the cat isnt watching.

We have a 100% accident and violation free record, which I am proud of (we fly over 7,000 hrs a year) and I am keen to maintain it.

Re European manoevers, there are a few exercises taught differently in Europe including the aforementioned quickstop (which does require skill and co-ordination for it to be flown well) - who are you to say that we only train to the FAA PTS. We have a very large European customer base and have 2 JAA instructors on staff and are currenly actively pursuing JAA FTO approval.

Please call me as requested in my PM to discuss (when it finally stops raining down here!!).

Last edited by anti-talk; 20th Aug 2008 at 04:16.