PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Planes Now Falling Apart
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2008, 22:40
rudderless1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Who fixes it? Think about it.

Hotdog,
I guess if I were running an MRO my training and people would be suited to my core business. If others come along to fill my white space they get what's there with what I can get away with.

Just like cars, you do not take them to workshops not familiar with them. Do they know all the tricks to that type?. The history of that aircraft etc? This aids in both efficiency and quality of maintenance.

747classic Jumbo's are a fine example with QF being one of a very few carriers who operate them. One licensed individual for engines on a heavy check is hardly suitable. Why CASA pulled the appoval on the MRO I guess.

I assume contract aircraft maintenance is there to make money by doing the bear minimum of what is required by the check and nothing else. That is the problem! They must love previously well maintained aircraft, because they can get away with even more! To bad next time it returns to its prime maintainer, and the nightmare that unfolds then. Ironically making the later look less efficient.

When people maintain aircraft which they may never see again will they attack it with the same gusto or care? Is there as much pride particularly when the engineer is a contractor to the MRO themselves?