PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Florida Flying Schools?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2008, 20:00
blackmumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By now ringway yo umust have realized that GA is huge is US, especially FL. There are 100's of FTO out there. Each having around 20 aircrafts, the sky gets pretty busy while practicing manuevers. Make sure you go to a school that has a good fleet (new, well maintained, traffic, weather and sat radio is preffered)

I went to Epic Aviation. they offered me 42k fix price from 0-250 (ended up with 277hrs), CPL MULTI SINGLE IR. that is how much i paid. nothing more was asked from me during my training. FYI there were students like me on the "pro course" who wanted to leave and the school paid for there transfer and all money back.
Loved the NAV 3 172 for CPL maneuvers, IR and time building. I think they have around 20 brand new C172 NAV 3 and 15 six packs. Great instructors. and no hidden charges. i completed in 7 months. I dont know if it was luck or not. But i was cancelled once during my entire training because of mtx. The weather can be a pain. but for the most part you can fly in the morning and late afternoon during TS season.

I would recommend EA. let me know if need pics or videos

Good luck!