PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (EC) 1107/2006 - New rights for disabled and less mobile passengers in EU wef 27 July
Old 19th Aug 2008, 14:35
Juud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S&T, thank you for posting that. Watched it to see if there were any changes to procedure that I should know about, but the video shows exactly what my airline does.
When all goes well that is.
Thanks to passengers wanting ever lower fares (your Dad on a LoCo, very ill advised IMO) even proper airlines these days farm out as many services as they can get away with.
To the lowest bidder of course, otherwise how will they match the LoCos' fares? These lowest bidders claim they will provide the same service for less money, which is of course a bland faced lie. Always!

So while the chances of PRMs being treated properly are better with a normal airline than with a LoCo, it is still, regrettably, a game of chance.
Kudos to the EU for trying to regulate BTW, PRMs should be able to travel like everybody else and be treated with dignity. If that means we all pay a bit more for our tickets, I don't mind.

and yes, regretably I daily see the same as Torque2; abuse of the system by able-bodied blatant egoists to the detriment of those genuinely in need of assistance....