PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coventry Incident - the ONLY thread?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2008, 14:11
VP959

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
SAS wrote:
VP959. I'm trying to assume you have more than 5 minutes in your logbook, but each time you post that lookout is an infallible way of keeping traffic apart 100% I doubt it more and more.
Not what I wrote at all, as you would have realised if you took the time to read it properly, instead of jumping to an incorrect conclusion.

I merely restated the rules under which both of these aircraft were operating, and didn't comment as to whether or not the rules were either sensible or able to be complied with.

You may care to note that I also made an observation regarding the ease of keeping a good lookout, or otherwise, in some types, without making any comment as to the personal skills of any type of pilot. It's a fact that if your flying a paraglider, a glider or some types of microlight, then it's very much easier to keep a good lookout than it is when flying some other types with more restricted visibility. Add in congested skies, occupied by aircraft with widely differing speeds and the inevitable higher workload when flying an approach through the midst of all this and the chance of ANY pilot maintaining a first class lookout is pretty slim.

I'm frankly surprised at the venom that's being directed my way at pointing out what seems to be obvious, and equally amazed at the way that some have opted to deliberately misconstrue my meaning.

VP

Last edited by VP959; 19th Aug 2008 at 14:27.