PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swissport to Strike
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2008, 10:34
older_wiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
groundhogbhx said

" There is a slight difference, Swissport at LHR were what remained of EI handling but the current Swissport UK comes from Groundstar. When the company were Groundstar they were a fair bunch, if there was a reason for a low pay offer it was explained so that everyone knew. I don't think things work like that any more, there is a high turn over in the middle management ranks and sometimes things aren't done properly by people who should know better. "

you make it sound like the company had nothing to do with past disputes and that what happened in their past was justified.
At the end of the day in the past 5 years only 1 handling company has presided over strikes and whatever the reasons and whoever the work force were they obviously feel they were or are pushed/forced into a corner by the management.

I feel for anyone in the industry as times are hard but then times are hard all round, i just hope the staff at Swissport are aware of the company's history in dealing with the aftermath of strikes.