PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFO Update and DEC's!!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2008, 10:13
HeavyWrenchFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's up to each individual to do their homework about this place before coming. If you can be happy with staying at whatever position you enter or your current position for your entire career at this place, then you'll be ok here. If career advancement past your current status is an absolute must or a deal breaker for you then stay away or make plans to leave asap. If you can't see this state of affairs here by the simple fact that direct entry FOs and CAs get hired ahead of existing pilots on a regular basis you're either blind or just covering your eyes for some reason.

On the other note, if I'm trying to decide if I'm too tired to fly or not and someone makes a threat about the consequences then my decision is automatically made right then & there towards the more restrictive choice just to make sure I'm not influenced by the threat to do something I really am not safe to do. I've done it before and will not hesitate to do it again. But if a less direct and more respectful approach is used then the outcome can still be differrent. It's called integrity, the core of professionalism. If you don't have it I'm truly sorry for you.