PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAirways failing .......
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2001, 20:38
vmommo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Looks like SW is winning (Steven Wolf) = SW getting his way!

I think the key is going to be profitability regardless of what airplanes are flown. I would happily fly a C-310 if it happened to be for a successful company. What is required at US Airways is a complete culture change where everybody is accountable for their actions which includes doing whichever job they are assigned plus more, in other words taking ownership in the company. This goes all the way from rampers to the CEO. The key to a successful company is to create an environment where everybody enjoys their job, does their job, wants to come to work, and have supervision that cares if a job is not done. Regretfully, I have not seen anybody put any emphasis on this issue regarding a future US Airways, and that is why and only why US Airways will not make it. A god CEO should lead the way! Put bluntly the company is rotten to the core and nobody cares!!!! That is kind of harsh, but I don't think you can prove me wrong. There is a reason Southwest Airlines is rated as one of the best companies to work for in the US, and they also happen to be profitable!!