PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vertical Navigation Question
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2008, 19:13
jamestkirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, No, No

What I am saying is that for the 3times rule the ROD needs to change for different speeds. Do you agree with that? If you do then we are not in dispute.

The original post I replied to was someone saying they use the airline model ( i.e 250 kts ish and apply it for slower aircraft) The average for that is 1500fpm, which would not work for 90 kts. Your first post which had some figures on it did not include distance. I was saying that you must take distance into account for descent planning. Is that correct?

Admittedly you added it on a later post.

I have done those calculations back and you have not said that the maths are wrong. Please have a look again. I think I did a 5000 foot descent thing at 90 kts.

On a slightly different note. On occasion you can can descent light aircarft at 1500fpm without to much trouble. In some situations it may be necessary.

The reason I said you are missing the point is that I was only using the 1500fpm in light aircraft to compare the figures from the original post not as a general way of descending light aircraft.