PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Coventry Incident - the ONLY thread?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2008, 13:35
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid all 8 pages of the original thread are gone.

We've made a thorough check of the logs since I last wrote and they clearly indicate the thread was deleted by Danny.

He is adamant that he did no such thing and at the moment we are drilling down deeper into the software to see if it it a further 'spinnoff' of the dire consequences of changes made in America to the site last Friday.

All I can do is offer a straightforward apology to everyone reading this thread. Yet another hideous snafu to complete a dire weekend for the service PPRuNe should but hasn't offered.

The subject is absolutely open to discussion, informed speculation and, most importantly, operations such as the approach on 23 beginning in open airspace.

The information, tributes and the safety discussion regarding transponders, whether mode S or not, is a loss to us all whatever licence we hold. The immediate aftermath of a tragedy such as this provides a vital window when entrenched views and dogma are open to change. The simple fact is that when the report is issued any resulting thread is miniscule by comparison both in size, quality and in the power to change minds.

And for that reason Danny and I apologise once more and unreservedly.

Rob Lloyd