PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TC ATPL Examiners in the UK?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2008, 02:26
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PJ ...

I work overseas on my Canadian ATPL and given the size of our pilot group last year we asked TC to have one of our number designated as a Pilot Examiner to renew IR's for the group. The response was as follows:

Thank you for your letter requesting Pilot Examiner Accreditation for Instrument Rating renewal. Unfortunately, Transport Canada General Aviation does not appoint examiners based out of the country to conduct flight tests for the Instrument Rating renewal. Any of the examiners based in the region may be granted authority on a case-by-case basis to conduct a flight test off-shore.

The main reasons for this policy are firstly, examiners are appointed to service Canadian pilots operating in Canada. Secondly, it is impossible for us to provide oversight of a service based overseas except on a cost recovery basis.

Thank you for your interest in the Pilot Examiner program. If you require further information, please contact me.
Since that time there have been some changes to the PE program which should make it easier for someone overseas to gain accreditation, however, based on the previous policy there's not likely to be anyone overseas who has already done so.

Regards,

ELAC