PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA3000 New C.O.O
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2008, 23:44
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if it's going to be a debate about Angus ...

I worked for Angus for 10 years. There's no doubt that he's a unique individual and also no doubt that employee/pilot relations were never his strongest suit. Having said that, there are few other COO's in the business who have been able to guide airlines into market positions where they were well received by consumers, well respected within the industry and profession, and profitable, all at the same time. Angus did that with Canada 3000 and I believe has experienced similar success with USA 3000. Is he the easiest guy to work for? Hardly. But having borne witness to the far more inept attempts at managment that I've seen in other carriers I'd happily work for him again.

busmonkey: Before trashing Angus too much, consider how many other carriers in your market niche have pulled the plug and left their employees high and dry in the past 9 months. That your carrier is still a going concern is at least in part due to the abilities of your managment. Perhaps you should give 'Gus a bit of credit there?

punkalouver: Somewhat the reverse. The deal with Leblanc to purchase Royal was not Angus' doing. He just ended up having to deal with the disasterous results of Lecky having bought a pig in a poke.

ELAC