PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2008, 17:03
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
HR folks sure amaze you with how they throw out the company dogma without giving it a second thought.

At New Iberia at a Bristow subordinate business unit prospective employee orientation, a gorgeous young lady representing HR explained the pay scale to us. She nicely told us old farts having experience would start at Step Five of the pay ladder and seemed to think that was a good deal. She also answered a question that confirmed those starting at Step Five would not receive a raise until after the fifth year of service.

I then asked her if she understood just what she had said.....and suggested she and the business unit in question must think helicopter pilots to be very dull folk (English "dull"....) only to be greeted with some confusion and lack of understanding by said good looking babe.

When I asked her if she really thought that was a good deal....she actually said "of course...we pay you for your experience."

She got her knickers in a twist when I asked her if she would forego five years of raises in order to get some appreciation of the situation to which she took some offense.

Being neither "dull" nor willing to take advantage of such a good deal as I would have felt a bit guilty.....I failed to complete the orientation and instead headed for other climes.