PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training at West Palm Beach: Ocean Helicopters /Cloud 9
Old 17th Aug 2008, 14:30
anti-talk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bell 206 hire , L3,L4 at $1350 per hour in Orlando or a B3 in Orlando at $900,as advertised in Flyer Magazine!

I have 3 training locations, WPB,MLB and Orlando.

Also if you are feeling wealthy you can fly our BRAND NEW A109S for $3,250 per hour with me.

As for glass houses - keep your counsel until you have accurate information before questioning my integrity, you really dont want to go there. Check your PM's - I have been much more specific there.

Yes I own Cloud 9 Helicopters!

Re the quick stop, I do know the incident I am fairly sure what you saw was a downwind quick stop as access to our hangar space was conveniently blocked by other helicopters and a fence line (not ours!), there are nearly 30 on this airfield and a downwind, tail wind, level quickstop would have been unsafe, as would a downwind transition to a hover over a 5 foot fence line with a 10kt+ tailwind. Downwind quickstops with a turn and flare are actually trained in europe and are not 'hot dogging' they do however require a high level of skill and co-ordination.

Why dont we compare the accident rates of both operators - including that shiny Jet Ranger - there is a really, really good reason why it has a brand new paint job and new tail number!

Enough said I hope, lets stop throwing stones in 'glass houses'.

Last edited by anti-talk; 17th Aug 2008 at 16:58.