PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting FAA CPL to CASA ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2008, 10:46
shyam.raman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting FAA CPL to CASA ?

Hey all,this is my first post here.. I'm interested in converting my FAA CPL IR to australian ones.. I found the following info on the basair website.. But i couldnt find the cost of the entire process. i think GFS has something on their site which said that i had to fly 2 to 3 flights of 3 hrs each..can someone tell me how much it would cost in total??Thanks Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL):You must pass an Australian Class One Aviation medical examination. Doctors are located in other countries as well as Australia - you can find their contact details here. You must complete a conversion examination - CPL Overseas Conversion examination. You can sit this examination at a limited number of sitting sessions only. You must then undertake training to reach the CPL flight test standard. Most people will take around 3 to 5 flights, each one around 3 hours to reach the required standard. These will normally be conducted over 6 or 7 days. You will then undertake the full Australian CPL flight test. This is a VFR flight simulation a charter exercise. The flight is around 4- 5 hours in length and will cover general handling, as well as visual navigation. Please note - the navigation component has only very limited radio navigation component - it is almost all visual navigation. This flight test must be conducted in an aircraft with a constant speed propeller plus a cruise speed of at least 120kt (i.e. Tobago or higher). "