PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield - New Class D Airspace
Old 16th Aug 2008, 22:26
EastCoaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two of two

Now tell me: How the hell would anybody know what ATC might be thinking if they don't ask? Presumably this is where the misunderstanding and misinformation creeps in - perpetuated by individuals who have formed a supposition following an interaction and not followed it up to test the veracity of their conclusions! There you go, I have just made the same mistake: I've formed an opinion without checking the facts!
And how the f#*k can anybody tell what's going to happen in the future after the CAS becomes operational; unless there's been a rush on crystal balls at Madame Zelda's Emporium of Exotic Goods That Might Be Useful for Divining the Unkown?

Does that cover the "bitch and moan" bit satisfactorily?? I think all of the above probably covers the "Does anybody really believe.." bit as well!!

Given the unfair, unfounded and groundless presumptions and attitudes that were displayed earlier, and the finger-pointing and blaming that was directed at a thoroughly professional and often stretched ATC unit, and by extension at an airport operator that has been a bloody good employer to a lot of people and has helped in starting an economic revival in an area that has long-since been depressed; now while still imagining that you are a member of said ATC unit, how do think you would feel now?!

You see, it's not just "why are you having a go at me...?", you're having a go at everything that I believe in, and everything that I know from experience to be true. And yes, before you ask, I have worked inside CAS as well as outside!

I promised myself that I wasn't going to allow myself to get drawn into a debate on this, or for that matter to allow myself to rise to the bait and lose my temper. My sole intention on posting here (in a forum that I've never before been into, and after this experience am extremely unlikely to venture anywhere near to ever again!) was to hopefully help dispel some of the misunderstanding and misinformation that was being bandied around in here! But there, I've done it. I've lost my cool. That's the last time I'll stick my head above the parapet and try to help!

Right, rant over. I believe I've said enough. I'm outta here, good luck to you all. If any of you ever happen to be in the area of South Yorks./North Lincs. please don't hesitate to give me a call. Otherwise, enjoy your lives.

Goodbye

P.S. Lurking123, thank you for your kind words. Ditto all who have expressed a positive/objective opinion on this thread.

Last edited by EastCoaster; 17th Aug 2008 at 13:10. Reason: Formatting & Post too big for 1 entry