PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2008, 16:46
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no links to Ryanair and I have never traveled with them. What does annoy me are passengers who choose to fail in respect of complying with the conditions of carriage. Whether baggage was over in one and under in another is irrelevant the fact is when you packed your bags you did not check that they were in accordance with Ryanair's restrictions.

Some may argue that Ryanair were being fair in that they allowed you to hold up a queue whilst repacking your bags. I am sure that there would have been passengers already peeved off wondering why you did not check your bags before you left for the airport. I do agree entirely with 'allanmack' and I am sorry if anyone feels that we are harsh - however when passengers are given clear and precise information prior to arriving at the airport they only have themselves to blame if they do not follow this.

Delays, diversions and cancellations are a pain in the arse. Agreed. However adverse weather conditions are beyond everyones control. Working within a large airline directly with passengers I am frequently having to remind unnecessarily rude minorities that the weather conditions cannot be controlled by the carrier. In the event of a cancellation the airline is required to either refund or offer an alternative - it would seem to me that Ryanair did offer a flight to the best of their ability and it is most unfortunate that this was a couple of days later.

If a passenger makes their own arrangements and, as in this case, incurs additional costs a claim should be made through insurance. Rarely can an insurance company deny a claim as this is the whole point of taking out insurance in the first place.

Back to LBA (the original thread) it has been very pleasing to see the number of new routes increase over the last couple of years. It would be great to see some long haul routes introduced in addition to PK however I guess 'competing' with other airports close to home is difficult.

Just my thoughts