PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 16th Aug 2008, 16:31
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dee Mac
MrJones, just a small comment there - if an independent report came back and said our pension was in complete meltdown it would make little difference to me. My pension is mine, legally and morally ....
Are you completely sure about how safe those funds are?

*As in all things, divide and rule is the game that gets played by the ruthless. First, if you have not yet retired, then you are a second class pension scheme member until the day you start drawing your pension or accept a first class transfer deal into another good scheme (if you can ever arrange such a thing without resigning). If anything goes wrong with your bit of the NATS bit of the CAAPS before you actually take the money out then the retired members feeding off of your bit get first pickings. As a still contributing member, when your (sub-)scheme t|ts have gone up, you only get allocated a proportionate share of the (crumbs?) left over. irrespective of any numbers you have seen to date.

... and I'll see a certain company down the pan before I give it up.
Oh which company will that be and how will that help you? Employer companies do not have to go down the pan in order for defined benefit pension schemes to be scuppered.

As for sticking together, how many in NATS are willing to do that????
Very good question. The tone of posts in this thread does not bode well...(See * above)