PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rw23 @ Lhr
Thread: Rw23 @ Lhr
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2008, 15:04
captain_flynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I grew up in Southall until 8yrs ago! Many nice memories of the planes coming over on final to runway 23. The last time I saw them on 23 was December 24th 1999. I moved away the following year.

My dad still lives in Southall and I visit him regularly. He lives on a road thats very close to the southall gasworks so I can confirm for you that the LH titles are still on there.

Unfortunately I think the runway 23 markings have been removed?

Was nice watching them on that runway though. I remember being at primary school, sitting by the window watching the planes coming over and the teachers asking me what types they were.

It was even interesting seeing them fly go arounds over southall, I can only imagine the gusty winds and turbulence made approaches difficult.

I have so many nice memories of sitting by the window with my grandad (who inspired me to fly but sadly died in 1996) watching the planes come over. We used to sit there from the first one to come over to the last one. All kinds of planes, B707's, 727's, B732's, B747's, A300/10's.. So many classics that are rare today.