PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight delayed due drunk cabin crew member
Old 16th Aug 2008, 10:14
Stop Stop Stop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...safety critical" job (Including office staff) are subject to random drugs screening. Fail and you are dissmissed
I think it is a little more serious than that. If the lady in question is convicted in a court (and at the moment, she is only under suspicion of having drunk too much, then given the precedents in these trials, she faces a lot more than just being dismissed.

In the cases that have come to court in this country and a conviction made, the crews concerned have lost their liberty as well as their career.

I think this young lady is in a lot of trouble if she is convicted and may well face prison. It is about time that the people in this industry remember that when they are running up and down the corridors at three in the morning! If you have overdone it one night, a simple call to crewing will solve the problem- and if you DO have a drink problem, THAT is the time to seek help, not after you have been led away in handcuffs!!

I feel very sorry for the young lady concerned and seriously hope for her benefit that she is aquitted at trial or she will likely face a very uncertain future.