PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Depression/Stress -- Don't talk about it to your doctor or a psychiatrist.
Old 16th Aug 2008, 05:39
Flatface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice on my aviation medical which is now due

I recently was suspended from my aviation job (30 years) for submitting a Health and Safety Concern. To get my job back, I had to get my doctor to clear me to return, he did so and his medical certificate was refused, I got another medical certificate from a psychologist who I had been seeing for job related stress, he gave me clearance to return, this was rejected by my employer. My aviation medical came due and the contract medical firm who checked us for fitness to return to work happened to be an AME and cleared me to return to work and gave me clearance to continue flying, these were submitted to the company occupational health doctor who cleared me to return to work. My employer still refused my return to work, he said I needed additional medical evaluation. I agreed to it (against the advice of my legal council) and was subjected to a total of 14 hours of evaluation by a forensic psychiatrist. He eventually gave me the all clear and I was returned to work. Now my medical is due again and I will have to answer the questions on the medical form, "did I receive any psychological counciling or psychiatric counciling"? I will answer yes and when the AME asks for the report, I will not be able to produce it, my employer has refused to provide a copy. Even when my grievance went to arbitration, my employer refused to supply a copy ( it seems there may have been some liabilous allegations made to the psychiatrist by my employer during his interview) what should I do if my licence is revoked on medical grounds since I am unable to prove that all of these problems have been resolved and I am fit to fly? The other AME has retired since he gave me my last aviation medical.