PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Axe Begins to Fall at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2008, 00:41
bush pelican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool So many Roosters today, so many feather dusters tomorrow.

I agree with the 98% rule, but its 98% both ways. It is kindergarten level management to know the costs and problems of employing the wrong person. Thats why there is such an inordinate emphasis and effort put in to choosing the right person from the start. The company also doesn't want the pain, suffering and expense of sacking people because it hasn't worked out. The issue of the 98% rule isn't relevant here. The employer desperately wants it to work, the new employee wants it to work, thats a given. What happens though and I've seen it a million times, is tomorrow some other grass is greener and the employee just goes. Ala here today, gone tomorrow. In that situation the employee holds all the cards. Ask Rex. What gets me, if its so bad at Qantas, is how come so many people aspire to work there, and they have lists of applicants so high you can't jump over them?
My point is that times are a changing, and with supply and demand varying as they are, and who ever seems to have the upper hand sticking the boot in, well, thats the future. Both sides do it, but corporates have to do it in a different way just to comply with the law. Why not go back to GA where you'll really be loved???!!!

BP