PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Tristar problems?
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 14:13
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another dink !!

guys n gals....

lets not forget the 2 pilots that taxied into each other week in UK...

however, why not cut all the bickering n backstabbing.... !!

lets all have a 5min larf over it and put it to bed...!!

also, surely the VASF team in AKT would surely have done a last minute check of the a/c before it taxied out... they certainly did during my time on Movs in AKT.... the guy on comms would always unplug and do a final walk round before giving the flight deck the thumbs up...

I cannot comprehend why the said individual did not own up...!!
In the early 80's at BZZ i dinked the leading edge on a 10, i owned up !! why ?? the thought of that aircraft failing out of the sky with 129 pax plus crew was first and foremost in my mind. that would be to much to live with !!

Although, the damage was not that critical as the engineers fixed it toot sweet...!!

time and time again there is a "bun fight" over things on this thread...!!

why doesnt everybody learn to work together to ensure things like this are kept to a minimum or down to Zero...!!

after all we all have eyes n ears to see a potential hazard developing..

i'm sure we all have been in a situation where with hindsight we may have acted differently.. certainly in my time, i grounded a Puma because i was getting soaked by fuel as it was leaking all over me...

I actually stopped a VC10 from taxiing at AKT, because there was not enough clearance to get through..

from experience no-one has been sacked from making a decision which on the surface may be incorrect, but has actually saved the day... or lives...