PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 06:07
Shamrogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apaddy - maybe so

Hi Apaddy,

Take your point on mixed flying. However, like the previous post. Personally I no longer fly EI transatlantic, now choose to fly BA, DL, VS, CO. Key reason, my day is gone flying anyways, so I might as well be comfortable. DL's a/c can often be older, but for some reason feel more comfortable, the crew often are somewhat more senior in years, but again have a nice way about them.
I've had 42 crossings of the Atlantic in the last couple of years and have 6 more before December 08. On the other hand, within Europe I'll fly no one but EI. The whole experience is usually excellent. The A320's have more room or at least feel to have, the automated check-in, and it simply feels right. The fares are usually close enough to FR.
EI's T/a product needs to be brought upto speed. One of my clients recently commented "BA - thanks for the tip off, a touch above the others", a family on a round the world ticket, who also flew QF and EI. And we all know what alot of people in here think of BA.
Rant over. Would love to see EI bring up it's service TA, what about premium economy?

Cheerio

Shamrogue