PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NEW AOA, It is time!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 01:38
Fenwicksgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squawk7700 you make very valid points that i think most members are feeling. I too am looking for more positive results with this new GC. I do feel however that the AoA gets a very bad wrap for the old question "What have they ever done?" I think most people would hate to think what life in CX would be like with no representation at all. I dont think the AoA is the answer to all our problems but they are the buffer we desperately need!!
90% membership must have been in the old A scale happy pilot days. Nothing against them but, pilots wont lift a finger to help themselves if the job is paying well and generally a good life. How times have changed, look what happened to Dragonair, i dont think CX is far behind. The next upturn in this industry will be interesting to say the least. 80% membership with most pilots very unhappy at work and with the company, with job options elsewhere, well now wouldnt that be interesting???
As i always ask, what are the options we have??? A strong AoA gives us our best protection and i really dont see it as being any harder than that??