PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He's at it again
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2008, 01:19
biton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's at it again

Some months ago I read several stories written by Steve Creedy at the Australian regarding Virgin Blue's financial position and its bleak outlook. This information had come from a group of financial "analysts" who later did a complete back-flip saying that the media had taken their analysis out of context and were forced to review their forecasts for the airline (taking it from a loss to a profit). This also came after Virgin Blue had threatened legal action against said "analysts". I decided not to buy Virgin shares. Now that the Virgin Blue share price has more than doubled since then, I wonder how all these experts feel. To add to it, I picked up todays Australian only to see that Steve Creedy's at it again! I can't believe it. Again he is quoting "analysts" reporting yesterdays news, ala VB's second half forecast and then making sure he finishes off with a couple of paragraphs regarding Qantas' forecast growth and massive profit. This type of subjective journalism needs to end so that these airlines can get on with the business of safely flying people from A to B.

Last edited by biton; 19th Aug 2008 at 02:58.