PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who are wearing the black hats? The Russians or the Georgians?
Old 14th Aug 2008, 23:59
The Upright Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are the good guys! Yes we've done some very bad things in the past and we'll probably still do some very bad things in the future but we are the good guys!

The Russians will always be the bad guys! When have they ever done something good?

The Georgians want to be like us but they used to be part of the Soviet Union so they are somewhere inbetween.

It was a major miscalculation by the georgians if they thought they could march into South Ossetia and 1. The Russians not react and 2. The West to react if the Russians did!

However since everything in the world is always our fault perhaps there is a more devious conspiracy going on! Perhaps the US told Georgia it was OK to send troops, knowing what would happen, because now, anyone with a border on Russia is going to be even more keen to join NATO! Even better those in the US arguing that a more meaningful dialogue should be held with the Russians can now be totally ignored, and even more money can be spent on F-22s, and anti-missile missiles!

But we are still the good guys in all of this! It can't really be our fault! or can it?

Last edited by The Upright Man; 15th Aug 2008 at 00:04. Reason: It's late, I rambled sorry! I'll get my coat!