PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - November 2008 - OBA. Anyone else going?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 16:14
camel toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you pay for your kitchen upfront and the wideboy does a gash job, or if you book a holiday and it's "not what it says on the tin" then you have many official channels to get compensation/money back etc. This of course doesn't erase any bad experiences but its not all lost.

Flight training is a completely different can of worms, it’s a "training course" they are not ordering a load of custom fitted units to be made and delivered to your house. I just don't see why you would want to give what is presumably a Limited Liability company a load of YOUR cash up front. Just have a look at other schools around the world, they are perfectly happy with a deposit and then a pay as you go arrangement.

Of course all of you will probably come back with a nice JAA PPL ticket and be "well chuffed", but if and when this school ever gets into difficulty you will be at the bottom of the list of debtors to get your cash back.

I speak from experience in that I was unhappy with my training provider so I moved schools. Piece of pi$$ to do. If the original school had a few thousand quid of my money they would have had me by the plums and I would have had to stick it out and not enjoy it, and if I'm spending thousands of pounds I want to have fun while doing it that’s for sure.

I'm just offering so friendly advice to sit back and chew over, don't let the "super low cost" drive you. As a well known operator say "low cost but not at any cost"

Good luck though and be sure to come back with any feedback for future students, whether that be positive or negative.

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande"