PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atcos: how long do you work in position?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 15:15
TALLOWAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at scottish i would have said it was a 60/40 split, mostly working 90 minutes on 30 mins off, with the lesser percentage of 60 mins on 30 mins off.but breaks 99% of the time no greater than 3o mins
Don't forget we have quite a few 2 hour sectors at Scottish as well, particularly in the evenings and mornings. You'll quite often get stuck on them for the full whack, especially if you are a Day Shift working with some of the Watches whose man management skills with regards to break planning are 'mentally challenged'.

Whilst it is also true that the 30 minute break is the norm for folks at ScACC (even for meal breaks on some of the Watches ... whom I've mentioned already actually ), we still have our own colleagues who shoot us in the foot and screw things up for their colleagues, sauntering in after 40+ minutes, or returning to the Ops Room around the 35 minute mark, but then proceed on their social wandering break whilst they move around talking to colleagues or meeting them by the headset lockers for a chat. Meanwhile some poor sod is going out of SRATCOH time or has a bursting bladder and the desk are frantically searching for the late comer.

I'm not sure which I hate most. Piss poor break management by some of the guys on the desk (a minority I hasten to add), or the serial malingerers amongst ourselves (you can name them on every Watch).

Last edited by TALLOWAY; 14th Aug 2008 at 15:33.