PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 11:31
insomniaq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading this thread for some months now with much amusement and am gonna chuck in my two cents now for what it's worth...

We were all bracing ourselves for the arrival of the Indonesians and I remember turning up to work with some trepidation the first time I was rostered to fly with one. I've now flown with 3 of the Indonesian Captains so far and to be quite honest, haven't had a problem with any of them. i can't speak for them all, but the ones I've flown with fly the plane safely and are most definately no where near the worst Captains in this company. You have to be careful lumping people into the same category - yeah Indonesia has an appalling safety record, but that doesn't mean that every pilot that flies there, or has flown there, is unsafe. NZ has an above average GA accident rate, but I'll be the first to take offence with anyone inferring that all NZ GA pilots are therefore dangerous.

As a side note, the two worst Captains in this company (by 'worst' I mean downright f&cking dangerous) were hired by the previous management. Bad captains are not a new thing here, there have always been bad apples but this doesn't mean all South American pilots are sh!t or all Hungarian pilots are sh!t or for that matter that all Indonesian pilots are good. By making this statement, I'm definately not taking our current management's side here - they are underhanded and snakey and I quite agree that the firing of the 14 was most definately racially motivated and totally unacceptable. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this company has never been right and I think will never be right.

Just my 2 cents...