PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA PPL Biennial (BFR)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 11:10
3110R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just in response to some of the discussion above, I'm an FAA CFI and JAA FI in the UK and yes, doing a BFR on an airman who uses their FAA license to fly in the UK, one morally expects some familiarity with half-mil charts and so on and indeed much of the ground hour on a BFR is supposed to be tailored to the kind of flying the airman is doing, but my other obligation under FAR 61.56 is ensuring they're up-to-speed on Part 91, particularly sectionals, VFR & equipment requirements. That can't be ommitted just because we're not in the US today or they don't intend to fly an N-reg this week. If they go flying in US airspace or anywhere in an N-reg airplane in breach of any Part 91 regs in the following 2 years then the paper trail will lead to their last BFR sign-off.

I like to give people a written quiz to work on in their own time, then we can go through what they didn't know and talk about the relevant special emphasis areas to the flying they do.

I've PM'd the Biz, I'm based in north London, also Willowair over at Southend do FAA training...

Last edited by 3110R; 14th Aug 2008 at 22:27.