PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Cadet...worth it?
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2008, 10:37
potkettleblack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another factor to consider is how long will you be required to swim in the hold pool. Will you have the funds to finance the debt (if you took it on to fund your part of the deal) whilst you wait around for placement. If you find yourself gaining employment elsewhere and financing a type rating on your own then it could end up being a costly exercise.

A friend of mine went through the CTC scheme a couple of years ago during the so called "boom time". He treaded water for about 6 months before getting into Easy. Each month there were calls with promises of "just another few weeks" etc. In the current climate I would hate to think how long the hold pool will take to clear and where in the world you could be sent to. From what I have read you had better take an interest in Asian food and culture though

Finally you got it in one. There are no such things are sponsorships now in the UK and haven't been since 9/11. All of the current crop of schemes are pay for your training. You either end up paying through cash up front or a reduced salary.

Good luck.